The Control Panel Users sub-panel allows you to access the list of user accounts with access to the control panel of the platform. These accounts are different from those assigned to guest users in order to access the Internet. In this case these are generally accesses granted to the staff of the location in order to perform certain functions (e.g. the manual creation of the account, showing stats, moderation of customer reviews, the accounting of collections, etc.).
For each user, you can view and configure in detail the privileges assigned by the administrator. The latter can also change the privileges of individual users of the lower level as well as create, edit or delete users.
The columns of the System User Management Chart describe all parameters related to the accounts configured on the system.
The parameters described are the following:
- Username: indicates the login username of the account. Please note that all usernames are generated with the suffix '@xxxx', where xxxx is the username of the system administrator user who created the account.
- Description: reports a short descriptive text relating to the chosen account.
- Email: displays the email address associated with the account.
- Type: indicates the account type assigned to the user.
- Status: shows the account status at the time of consultation (active or inactive). The users in "inactive" status cannot access the system.
- Tools: contains the buttons the administrator needs to operate on a specific account. The actions available are three, namely the user Modification, the permission Modification and the account deletion.
- Edit user: clicking the button, a screen in which you can make changes to the accounts configured on the system, will appear. It is possible, for each one, to change the description, change the password to access the panel, or update the email address associated with the user. It should be noted that you cannot change the username of the user. To confirm the changes, just click the button "Edit User".
- Edit permissions: clicking Edit permissions, you access a screen with a tab menu, related to the sections of the control panel of the system. In each tab you will find a list of all the management pages belonging to that section. To assign or remove privileges to a user, just mark the checkbox of the pages to which you want to grant or remove access. Users will have access only to the pages of the control panel to which the administrator has given them access. To save your changes, click "Edit Permissions", at the bottom left of the screen.
- Delete account: the delete account button allows the administrator to delete an account. Upon clicking, a confirmation message will appear asking for permission to proceed with the deletion. Click "OK" to proceed with the deletion.
CONTROL PANEL USER CREATION
The Control panel User Creation screen allows to generate accounts to be assigned to users who can manage the platform. This feature is useful to allow the structure staff to manage independently some operations, such as user accounts creation with manual distribution.
To access the screen, just click "New User", in the upper right of the screen "Control Panel Users".
Once the New User screen appears, the administrator has to enter the data for the user to whom they want to grant privileges and access credentials within the platform. Specifically, they need:
- Username: enter the desired access username for the account. Please note that all usernames are generated with the suffix '@xxxx', where xxxx is the username of the system administrator who created the account.
- Description: report a short descriptive text related to the account, useful if you want to specify the user's role within the structure.
- Password: enter the authentication password assigned to the user.
- Confirm Password: re-enter the authentication password assigned to the user for confirmation.
- Email: provide the email address associated with your account.
N.B. Upon creation, the account is automatically set by default on active status.
N.B. Upon creation, the user does not have any management privileges. The administrator must configure the privileges manually, using the "Change Permissions" tool.